POD 0.00% 3.6¢ podium minerals limited

Announcement (and it's bloody good...!), page-31

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 188
    I think either way, our ability to mine is several years away. Placing us in an even better position to take advantage of an increasing market. Something along the lines of 40% of cars will be EV by 2040. The current
    build of cars have legs in them for a long time yet. if we look at Clayton's little comment yesterday for a 20 year LOM, place a conservative estimate on that to 15 years and assume that we start mining in 2025, that places us right in the middle of this growth- and right at 2040 by the end of it, of course it may be longer or shorter.

Now if we consider the impact of the hydrogen economy, however small or large, the growing EV market, the growing hybrid market, we see that we are still in the infancy and the proportion of market share that these have are in the low single digits. Again, we are well placed to benefit from this if our deposit is economical. I think assuming that increased scrap cars flooding the market with PGM's such as platinum (to drive down prices) ignores the fact that harnessing the cost saving benefits of this is a logistical nightmare. You have to take cars all from different places around the world in order to gather enough of that PGM. Surely, that won't be enough to tank the price? That neglects the idea that POD will be providing a cheap, central source of PGM's that makes sense from a logistics perspective.

Last time I checked, the world is only getting bigger. And with more people, comes more demand. There isn't enough platinum in the world to meet demand and as EV's (the biggest future driver here) become more prevalent and accessible, the value proposition that we have on our hands only grows.

The bottom line is that this story is unfolding and in my opinion, it's far better that we hope to be ready to capitalise in a few years, once there are more believers in the green economy. As opposed to now, where there is still significant resistance to change and a marker dominated by the old guard.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $16.37M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.8¢ 3.6¢ $1.616K 43.53K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 218488 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
POD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.