FML 9.68% 14.0¢ focus minerals ltd

Just wanted to let everyone know that I don't really feel the...

1. 5,618 Posts.
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I don't really feel the need to research FML any further and I'm more than happy to hold and even buy more on weakness. Having said that, I've noticed a bit of selling and I believe those doing so are making the wrong decision IMHO. Perhaps they just want some cash or have lost patience and it's entirely their decision of course. However, for the L/T'ers
    benefit, I lifted the following post from CountryWriter's contribution back in mid-March and if anyone cares to re-visit it, I'm sure they'll agree it makes a compelling case to hold. As I said, I'm happy to do that through thick and thin so it ain't a ramp. Have a decko...

Regards,
    Chicken

"I just want to join some very important dots for you guys here - some statements I could not directly join or make perhaps in the recent report...

I would like to add that after having stood out there with Dean and Co that they will be aiming for a lower end JORC quicker than you realize. Of course initial results - you are absolutely correct Pinto.

My understanding is that there would be scope to drill this out and extend the program to define the extent of the deposit - in this program! I speak of Black Dog and I quote from the recent report I wrote: "The current drill program will be directed at gaining some initial idea of the scale."

"Drilling will step out along the interpreted strike into the lake if the initial holes are successful. Initial results should be available sometime in April."

(The first hole was to start at the verge of the lake below the outcrop providing an immediate extension - this will be stepped out.)

Some other essential points to be filed in context:

"I ran the numbers on the outcrop at 10m wide x 300m long (only 200m visible) and 200m deep (no proof whatsoever) with a specific gravity of 2.9t per cubic meter to see what happened."

"If the system turns out to be this large and runs at an average of 10 gpt it would contain 600,000 ounces of gold. At 20 gpt we could be looking at 1.2M ounces of gold here alone. There is no good reason why the surface grade would not run down at similar grades at depth. The iron enriched granophyric horizon extends to the east of Black Dog however the strike length can only be interpreted once step out drilling is completed and the results are in."

"however a recent 100kg grab sample was collected by Dean Goodwin who wanted a more representative cross section at Black Dog. This was selected across the 200 m x 30m outcrop area. The process was also designed to assist with the final selection of the initial drilling target. The sample was returned to the laboratory at the Three Mile Hill mill and crushed. Gravity separation of this rock chip sampling yielded +30 gpt."

Not saying anything directly here just hinting maybe...
    You might also consider this: I am not a geo so I have to get this kind of insight from somewhere.

Also from the report:
    "Dean Goodwin worked for WMC over ten years ago and was one of a team of two geologists that developed the strategy to explore salt lakes. He subsequently discovered four deposits along trend to the north on salt lakes; Intrepide, Redoubtable, Santa Anna and Bahama which has not yet been mined. Dean recently left Barra Resources where he was CEO to be the lead geologist on this project due to his excitement about the project and passion for geology."

If you think that is not significant then ask why it was included in the report? Track record is everything - Dean is brilliant (and a brilliant bloke too)!

...and some final carefully chosen words:

"The Black Dog Prospect (shown below) and Treasure Island are only part of the iron impregnated granophyric horizon that acted as a chemical trap for gold from those fluids. The fluids emanated from the East, directly from the Boulder Lefroy fault along splay faults. These splay faults were the conduits which carried the gold in solution toward this chemical trap during the formation of the deposit. These faults cross Lake Cowan and only drilling will define the extent of the mineralization. The Boulder Lefroy fault and this iron impregnated granophyric horizon have yielded the richest gold deposits in Western Australia ? this fault is a world class mineral structure."

This was the most senior fact in the Lake Cowan section of this report IMHO. Don't worry about the misunderstood words - I had to check the spelling with Chuck.

The point is CHEMICAL TRAP + PHYSICAL TRAP + DIRECT PROXIMITY TO WORLD CLASS FAULT = 100kg grab sample for 30+ gpt AU and drill program to define scale first target at the project + brilliant GEO = exciting chance of success.

As Pinto points out there will be much more (paleochannels + other TI extensions maybe hidden below Blind Pew) and this will take time - I just wanted to point out for those that might be impatient - that there will be significant material results sooner than some of you think.

Good luck and best regards to all
    CW"

PS: Post no. 6565009 of 07/04/2011 is another good read.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
-0.015(9.68%)
Mkt cap ! $40.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ $4.409K 30.40K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1700 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.