AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

announcement out on asx , page-150

1. 2,115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 242
    Hi Newland,
    There's been some very interesting posts of late. I have nothing factual to add but I'd just like to respond to the following part of your recent post to attempt to give you another perspective.

You wrote:
    "It's all very well for people to say things like " it's a loaded spring" or " our day will come" or " just be patient" but much of the time its blind hope by those hoping to justify to themselves that they made the correct investment decision"

I can only speak for myself, but I don't need to justify this decision to myself. My sense of self worth is not dependent on being right about everything. Being a human being by definition means I'm not. People who tie there sense of self worth to the actual outcomes of their decisions and try to pretend they're never wrong invariably make things tough for themselves.

Over the years I've had a couple of investments that really stick in my gut. I got onto Felix resources at one stage with a big (for me) investment at 20 cents. There was a 10:1 consolidation which made the share $2:00 (no change to value). I watchced the SP drift slowly and when it hit $1:50 I scared myself out of it. Within a couple of years it got to $22:00 . If I hadn't "jumped at shadows" with the SP drift I could have had an 11 bagger (whether or not I could have sold near the top, who knows). I also got a load of shares in RED5 at 0.18c and they stagnated for quite some time. Again I couldn't work out why they were going nowhere and sold. Eventually they hit $2:80 . The possibility was there for a 14 bagger. Both of these investments could have made significant differences to my life. In both cases I scared myself out of the investment because of SP drift and "jumping at shadows".

This time around I won't allow myself to be scared out of the investment by emotion. I don't need to justify my continued participation, I need an actual reason to sell. A fact based reason, not an emotional one. My current attitude to the SP was most eloquently put recently by Ironking2010 just before his post was moderated.

I have found HC an invaluable resource in helping me sit through these times. The unbelievably high quality factual posts by a number of participants I've really appreciated. If it doesn't come off, well it doesn't come off. If in retrospect I can be satisfied with all of my decisions that is the best I can do. I know if I let myself be scared out of it at this stage I won't be.

I'm certainly going nowhere before I see the preliminary feasibility study that is supposed to be out shortly (I know, how long is a piece of string).

Have a good weekend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.