AKK 0.00% 0.3¢ austin exploration limited

announcement out, page-43

1. 35,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2863
    "Interested in reading SectorLead and Cmonaussie on this announcement."

TBE, happy, and it hit 2c as thought. If this deal wasn't as good as it actually is, then I think 2c would have been the ceiling in this market and just a day trade. I think settling at 1.8c after this announcement undervalues AKKs assets, so believe this has further legs and will put a floor on the SP at SPP of 1.6c.

I thought anything around $20m was good for Texas.
    I mentioned 2 scenarios.
    $20m for 50%
    and $18m for $13m of drilling and $5m cash for 50% was my preferred deal for best SP reaction.

circa $26m for 70% is about the same given we gave away a higher percentage.

Someone in the threads mentioned the poor flows from the 2 previous EFS wells, however forgot to mention they were vertical appraisal wells.
    Very early on AKK have signalled a 8-10x increase in IP from the horizontals expected. Around 800-1000boepd IP.

Over the first few years, AKKs share of $ would be around $2.5-$3.3m pa for each well...

Lets hope the partner is drill ready and there isn't too much mucking around before we get cashflow.

I would also now use our $ for Kentucky recompletions, and fast payback. We had a go a taking the big bite and got burnt with $30m spent too fast.

I hope the team learnt their lesson now the major 2 projects are free carried for next 18 months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.