AKK 0.00% 0.3¢ austin exploration limited

announcement out, page-46

1. 10,894 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3625
    Just back online sp haven't yet had time to fully digest this announcement and impact and then look holistically at whats happened with both plays - be a good Qtrly to review.

I may not be reading this announcement in quite the same exhuberant fashion as everyone else - imagine that - its good though. Here goes:

Effectively "sold" 70% of 4,355 acres - so 3,048 acres. Cost to acquire the 5,000 acres was circa $3.2M as I understand it - or $640/acre. Cost to buy 3,048 acres is $1,905,720 - hmmmm pretty close to $1.95M don't you think?

Receiving $1.95M cash plus 30% of $24M as AKK's share of WI cost of drilling those 3 wells - so $7.2M

If anyone see this part differently please correct or....

Alternative interpretation is the Farmin partner is paying the acreage fee plus drilling those 3 wells and NOT RECEIVING ANY WI/NRI for those wells - as that's what they have to do to earn the 70% and it only applies to wells 4 and forward.

That would be outstanding - but I don't read it that way as the contradiction for me comes from the AKK retains 100% for 645 acre parcel (probably the initial 3 well program - which became 2 wells that may be HBP now???).

Either way AKK funding constraints reduced in a major way (still has to deal with infrastructure investment) but I would like to know for sure what the WI/NRI is for sure on the initial 3 wells the farmin is drilling.

Wise words on the getting burnt on taking the big bite their SL!

Close as it gets to a buy without buying it yet.

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.