MTL 0.00% 0.2¢ mantle minerals limited

Announcement Soon!, page-2

1. 1,035 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94
    I'm not exactly sure how the drilling goes in this case??? but I've fixed a few drill rigs and machined threads on miles of bore casing (when I could stand at a lathe without a walking stick) so I sort of understand the process. I've asked specifics about the type of drilling in the past on these forums but usually get a SP chart as the next post. Some people just don't care so much for nut's and bolts and how it all works .
    Because we are looking for Brines in what is (or was) a salt lake bed or similar, the drilling may not be as straight forward as it is for gold in rock or the like. To drill through a consistent medium (even rock) is much easier than sediments that can change consistancy along the way. A driller once told me: "There's some shit drilling in the US!"
    I understand the drill diameter is quite a bit larger than the core diameter and the cores are cut up the centre of the cutting head. Drilling in clays and softer sediments being more difficult than rock, may mean the hole has to be stabilised as the drill progresses. If the hole caves in on the string of drill rods the driller says lots of words that are not approriate for here! Muds (or a mixed slurry) or water are or can be pumped down to lubricate the bit and or create a smooth stable skin on the outside of the hole. If you get a bore (well) put down it is very often also cased with lengths of steel tube screwed together with sockets and is like a long pipe going down. It can have some form of screen (or not) to let the water in but not the dirt and allow a good flow into the hole that filles the bore to the level of the water table or aquifer. This can then be pumped continuously to the surface. I dont think (in this case) we are looking for lots of cores that will go off to a lab for assy so much as finding Lithium rich aquifers below the surface although maybe cores will taken as well? If anyone is in the know with this please share! I guess my hope is that the drill test holes find brines that show good ppm of Lithium verses Magnesium and that flow rates mean the hol/holes drilled is/are then cased and becomes the bore/ bores? Lithium brines are just mineral rich salty water.
    Anyway, Today is a great day to be in CAD! Potential, Potential, Potential! GLTA
    If it's not broken. no need to
    Fixit

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MTL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.39M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $13.07K 4.509M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
47 76827952 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 53628675 48
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.40pm 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 16.7 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ 1683356
Last updated 12.43pm 13/05/2024 ?
MTL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.