PLT 0.69% 72.5¢ plenti group limited

Dma,Thanks for the official announcement, start of the new...

1. TTH
    1,255 Posts.
    Dma,

Thanks for the official announcement, start of the new thread and posting the link of the much-awaited announcement.

A mixed bag for sure, and the market reflected that ... it took a while for any trades after the announcement, and it appeared that overall no one quite knew what to think (i.e. positive / negative / who knows?!!). The few trades that took place late in the day reflected that, but overall there was not much movement.

I'm pleased to report that I was lucky enough to actually make contact last week, when I emailed and ultimately got to talk to Ben Dillon (it was a bit of a fluke, more to do with timing than anything). I was sworn to secrecy (including the fact that I had made contact) until information was released, and even then only granted permission to add 'colour' to the information contained therein. Of other news, much of it is commercial-in-confidence and therefore noone except management is privy to it, some other aspects are best not released to the general public due to market sensitivities, but not necessarily part of what the ASX requires you to release.

I think Dabru's summary from last month covers where the company are at, re all of the meetings etc. etc. Have another read, I think it all still applies and is ongoing.

As promised, I passed on Lemas' post in my initial email contact, to ensure management were directly aware of the current sentiment (which I thought was quite representative at the time) re the lack of communications. As part of the phone call, I got a response that can be passed on:- something to the effect of 'for what its worth, there have been so many meetings of an important and confidential manner, most often with commercial-in-confidence legal requirements, that whilst (Ben) was usually happy to talk with shareholders, (he) was unable to discuss much of anything that was going on at the time' (or similar). The only reason that I was able to have a conversation with Ben was the timing, in that some things had just been concluded and they were readying the market release as we spoke (it was originally planned to come out Thursday or Friday).

So, Lemmas, it's a good time to ring from now on; I'm sure you'll ultimately get through and have the kind of conversation you've been wanting to (it's a first for me; in the past I've just sent e-mails, but I think some of the info was a bit too sensitive for printable communications).

Back to the release ... there's a lot to take in, I haven't fully wrapped my head around it yet. I think it's safe to say that there is enough reassurance that things are happening that are meant to (TruScreen is selling, CerviScreen results were good, approval looks like it will have no problems etc.) yet things are not happening as quickly as the company had forecasted. I get the feeling that things are happening, just not as quickly as we would all like. I think if the convertible notes weren't about to convert there would have been some increase in the (currently very low) SP today, but the announcement wasn't quite enough to do that.

I was impressed with how much was actually disclosed ... it was a true market update, with some spin on it of course, but it did pretty-much give an indication in terms of where the company is up to, and did disclose the (implicit) delays encountered.

However, keeping things in perspective, I go back to Lemas' post of 05/02/08, where he wrote:

>>>>
    I confess to having harbored a few concerns over the lack of communication. I have had over ten phone calls not returned in the past 6 weeks.
    This from a co that has always been happy to talk to shareholders. On my good days I took this to be a good sign in that they were busy doing good things. On my bad days I took this to be a bad sign in that were hiding bad news
    <<<<

The good news is that they were 'busy doing good things'! Likewise, to roughly quote another Lemas post, they were busy in meetings making lots of money for us rather than the types of meetings where they wonder how to pay next month's payroll!

So, not as great as we had hoped, but still on track.

There are many things for us all to discuss in regards to the release, but I thought I'd just start it of with the information above ... I've had to keep my hands of the 'reply' link for the past week ... I had to get it out of my system!

Cheers all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
72.5¢
Change
0.005(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $127.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
71.0¢ 73.0¢ 71.0¢ $6.584K 9.132K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13 71.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
73.0¢ 142225 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.40pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.