BMN 3.04% $2.23 bannerman energy ltd

Look..I honestly think the court case by Savanna is laughable....

1. 13,667 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1290
    Look..I honestly think the court case by Savanna is laughable. They are up against the ministry of mines and they will also jeopardize the mining industry in Namibia if they were to ever win. If the Valencia mine has been given the all clear when there was water at stake which is so Valuable in Namibia how do you think Savanna are going to go? LOL

Court upholds water permit for Valencia mine project
    A bid by the owners of an Usakos area farm to prevent the company planning to develop the Valencia uranium mine from using large quantities of groundwater for the construction of the mine failed in the High Court in Windhoek on April 18, 2008. Judge Collins Parker dismissed an urgent application that Namib Plains Farming and Tourism CC, a close corporation which owns the farm Namib Plains in an arid area some 50 kilometres southwest of Usakos, had filed against Valencia Uranium, Government, the Ministers of Agriculture, Water and Forestry, Mines and Energy and Environment and Tourism, and the owner of farm Valencia two and a half weeks ago. (Namibian Apr. 21, 2008)

Farmers challenge water permit for Valencia uranium mine in courtA decision by the Ministry of Agriculture, Water and Forestry to allow a planned new uranium mine in an arid area southwest of Usakos to use large quantities of underground water is being challenged in the High Court. The case questioning the Ministry's decision to grant water abstraction permits to Valencia Uranium was filed with the High Court on April 3, 2008. The case was filed by Namib Plains Farming and Tourism CC, a close corporation that is the owner of farm Namib Plains, which is a portion of farm Namib Plaas and is situated about five kilometres from Valencia. The CC wants the court to order that Valencia Uranium may not extract groundwater from the area for which it has been given water abstraction permits, and that these permits be reviewed and set aside. (Namibian Apr. 9, 2008)

Farmers alarmed by water permit for Valencia uranium mine
    Farm owners in the Valencia area in Namibia's central northwest are up in arms over Government granting Forsys Metal's Valencia Uranium project a permit to extract 1,000 cubic metres of water a day. Although it is not a commercial farming area, there is major concern about the impact Valencia's water extraction would have on the environment and wildlife - especially in an area where ground water is scarce. The permit can be withdrawn at any time, should the ground water level approach a critical level. Farmers and other affected parties who have aired their concerns at several public meetings on the subject are now questioning the transparency of the shareholders.
    One of their concerns is the fact that the permit is valid from the date of the last meeting held in Swakopmund on February 12, 2008. At that meeting, it had not yet been disclosed to local people how much water the mine would need. Pierre Botha of Water Sciences, who undertook the hydro-geological survey, said at the meeting that the water pumps for the mine were not ready and that the issue would again be discussed with local farmers when they were. The permit was however already valid on the day he made these comments.

Initially, in April 2007, the company was quoted as saying it would require about four cubic metres of water a day during its construction phase. This amount has gradually increased - later it was said that the mine would need about 300 cubic metres of water a day. Now it is allowed to pump 1,000 cubic metres a day. The affected parties say there is no meaningful data to justify this increase in demand. (The Namibian March 7, 2008)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.23
Change
-0.070(3.04%)
Mkt cap ! $403.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.29 $2.32 $2.22 $217.4K 95.68K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 410 $2.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.24 8454 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.45pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.