JRV 6.67% 1.4¢ jervois global limited

announcement, page-3

1. 12,154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1289
    My analysis on the announcement is as under....I think the announcement was confusing for the general market...IMO it was a positive announcement but mis-understood by the market? Please comment...

Update on Jervois Young Nickel Laterite Processing Flowsheet
    Development of a low cost solution for the key chloride leach iron hydrolysis, and acid recovery step in the atmospheric chloride brine agitation leach process for treatment of Young nickel/cobalt laterite, has previously proved to be more challenging and complex than
    anticipated. Extensive ongoing independent laboratory test work has been underaken by CSIRO, Perth and others, on behalf of Jervois.

The lines above were deemed “negative”

The purpose of the iron hydrolysis and acid recovery step is to convert iron and other byproduct metal chlorides in the leach solution to hematite and other metal oxides whilst producing concentrated hydrochloric acid for recycling back to the laterite leach step.

The lines above were FYI only

Recent test work in Australia and Canada suggests that a breakthrough in the iron hydrolysis processing step is potentially in sight. Batch hydrolysis tests in a local laboratory appear to have obtained up to 95% ferric chloride hydrolysis conversion to hematite and produced
    correspondingly high-strength hydrochloric acid for recycle to leach. Further lab scale and future mini-plant testing are planned so that Jervois can pursue this
    highly encouraging development.

The lines above IMO are “encouraging”

The chloride leach technology being developed by Jervois
    could possibly provide an independent alternative to the chloride leach technology of Jervois’ Chinese partners.

Now this is a piece of good news IMO….I think all of us have forgotten about the JRV process….

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JRV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.