UMC 0.00% $1.30 united minerals corporation nl

Joelbaby, thank you for your chart on BHP on the BRM thread. You...

1. 1,377 Posts.
    Joelbaby, thank you for your chart on BHP on the BRM thread. You are quit right in saying my knowledge of the technical aspects of mineralisations is limited as I am an investor not a geologist.

You are somewhat off the mark though in terms of my investment strategy and my moralistic approach to posting. You have described my approach as being all over the place, however from an investment point of view, particularly in markets, diversification is integral to any successful strategy otherwise you will be relying on luck. I have a very diversified portfolio that includes a range of bluechips that I keep for the long term and I never post on those. They are predominently both dividend paying and growth stocks. I do not play the markets with those. On the other hand all my investments in resource stocks other than blue chips BHP, RIO and WOODSIDE, I regard as speculative in nature and I play the market with those. I hold a range of such stocks because the probabilities are that most of these stocks are cyclical in nature and by being in copper, gold, nickel,io etc there is a chance that a downturn in one may be compensated by an upturn in another. I post on these stocks as they are plays and sentiment is eveything with all specs.

On UMC I am still intrigued with the stock. There seems to be a core of posters who are very confident on UMCs prospects and that is very good for the stock. But I do note that the stock sp does not appear to be meeting the lofty expectations of those posters. From reading the posts I have not been able to identify what is holding this stock back but maybe it is due to my lack of knowledge and there are very good reasons for this. I very nearly bought UMC at its recent lows and given the move in sp I wish I had done so. What held me back is the fact that I have not been able to pin down why the stock appears to be held back. Is there in adverse surprise in the wind. Posters appear to have a direct contact relationship with company management who appear to be giving all the right signals and yet there seems to be someting missing. I would like to know the answer to that.

To all UMC posters please continue to focus on the issues and I will within my capabilities endeavour to engage in constructive discussion should I continue to post on this thread. You all know I wont tolerate flaming and in any event its not the way to go.

Cheers
    Sav

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.