UMC 0.00% $1.30 united minerals corporation nl

Good work Joel & Sava on keeping things civil. Sava, as you will...

1. uio
    293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Good work Joel & Sava on keeping things civil. Sava, as you will see on this thread many of the posters here can be equally critical of UMC when we feel the company is not heading in the right direction. Positive posts are for the most parts tempered with realistic analysis.

I genuinely believe that any "downramping" occuring on other threads is a result of the mistakes that most here on the UMC thread have made in the past in falling into the sentiment trap of the brazen uprampers.

I for one am all for balance. If there is unjustified up or down ramping then some will choose to post, to try to inject some balance. Not because they have shorted the stock (most of these dogs cannot be shorted easily) or am accumulating.

An easy way to distinguish these posts is to gauge the balance of evidence. Grades, contaminants, strip ratios, detailed market supply/demand analysis, management record, if accurate, as opposed to random price targets, grab samples, "conceptual resources", exploration targets, OR the worst of all - large volumes of posts espousing the positive parts of an announcement and completely ignoring the negatives. e.g.

Post no.:
    1) Grades are higher than expected - [insert details of one high grade hole]
    2) "Downramper": many holes encountered lower grade, contaminants high, strip ratio likely uneconomic etc.

3,4,5,6,7,8,9) Grades are higher than expected - [insert details of one high grade hole]

10) You're a downramper and piss off.

11) Random poetry.

12) Repeat from beginning! :P

As you can see, it is easy for the volume to overcome sense. And a real ramper has more free time to post here constantly lol...

Anyway my current thoughts on UMC are that they need to address the shareholders concerns on who has picked up the Citi stake - or at least clarify that they are aware of the matter and are pursuing it. I would like to know how the stake was picked up and if there were any breaches of substantial shareholder disclosure requirements and why. Ideally I would like the identities of those comprising the relevant interest and a summary of trades that got them to that amount. Other than that, assay labs are backed up and that is probably a legitimate excuse for the moment for a lack of updates.

Cheers
    UIO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.