BBP 0.00% 9.5¢ babcock & brown power

Well, it looks like the BNB mothership received the message loud...

1. 1,190 Posts.
    Well, it looks like the BNB mothership received the message loud and clear at the AGM with Bowyer resigning today.

It'll be interesting to see if he is replaced by another BNB rep. Not doing so would signal another step in the decoupling process in my opinion.

This announcement looks to have been hastily written and it's not very polished. Perhaps they wanted to squash it all up to make sure it to fit nicely on to one page, thus limiting environmental impact? (Ironic for a power generator don't you think?)

There is no "We'd like to thank Bowyer..." or a brief bio on the newly appointed CEO.

Either they were trying to quickly stem the caning that the share price is getting (and the impact it is having on the BNB holding) or something is afoot.

Anyone else reckon the media will focus on the negative - the cut in EBITDA - rather than the future prospects? Comes with the BNB association I guess.

At 5c a share ($36m market cap) and EBITDA (which is not my favourite metric but let's go with it anyway) of $330-$340m, this company should have been snapped up in a heartbeat.

Forgive me for stating the bleedin' obvious but the only thing holding it back is the management contract with BNB. Once this is overcome, it's only a matter of time...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.