AIO 0.00% $9.13 asciano limited

am not sure that the bid for LNN would make any difference to...

1. 91 Posts.
    am not sure that the bid for LNN would make any difference to trading in AIO. more coincidence i feel.

it is important as a trader to have a stop loss and not get emotionally attached to one stock. I still believe that there is a lot of upside on AIO going forward but there is no guarantee this takeover will go ahead and we might find that they sell part of their business and raise capital to strengthen their books.

it can be frustrating watching your shares slide away but this stock has had an amazing run and a move down to $1.10-$1.15 wouldn't surprise.

a strict trader would have moved their trailing stop up when the shares moved to $1.50 and probably would have got out around $1.35-$1.40 (of course depending on their strategy). one must ask themselves are they a trader or an investor. if you are the later you'll not be associating every price tick down with a increased sickening feeling in the pits of your stomach!

ps I have 2 portfolios, one longterm (which holds AIO) and one trading (which no longer holds AIO)

pps my trading portfolio bought PBG today...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.