CGM 0.00% 0.1¢ cougar metals nl

bagek28........appreciate your comments but I think on a 6 - 7c...

1. 1,137 Posts.
    bagek28........appreciate your comments but I think on a 6 - 7c SP you and Sheeza were expecting an awful lot, Bonanza grades and other finds with cash in the bank deserved to hold a lot higher SP no doubt. Your comments have in fact supported my opinion, because if progress reports were made along the way we would've been able to assess things along the way. Sudden compounded announcements slam the market and it reacts accordingly.

CEO,AVB,VLA,BYR and many others have shown massive overreaction when hit with sudden announcements and more regular reports have supported a more stable growth or decline, unfortunately the "fear'n'greed" and panic scenario will always be there.

Gizard, I appreciate your comments too, even if we have a different viewpoint sometimes.
    "The only way the swick family will get out of cgm is a outright sale as they own 50%. They wont be selling to us retail punters." That's true and a sudden directors sale on market would slam the SP but there was a very valid reason why the family holds so much.

"They then spend the cash and put their hand out for more, this is 95 % of miners.".....Of course CGM attempted a CR in '09 but rather than just collapse because of a failed CR the Swick's put their money on the table and bolstered CGM and kept it alive IMHO. That meant they had faith in what they were doing and that impressed me. Most speckies directors just take, putting "their hand out for more" just as you said.

"Companies that need capital and a high share price pump out lots of news to gain attention and cash."......That's what the share market's here for even BHP, RIO, FMG and all our big public companies have done it and many still do. If we see value in what they're proposing we invest, if we don't we steer clear. Had CGM been just as proactive with announcements as FMG was in it's early days in a similar price range the SP and public awareness would be so much greater. (I sold a reasonable holding under 30c so egg on my face!!!)

I support CGM's management in many ways and you would've noticed that by know I'm sure. But.........I have never been impressed with the way that they release news to the market. Most forecasts are late and the announcements of such even later and our late quarterly's have resulted in suspension or notice thereof causing a further drop in SP. I remember a posters comment about late news and from memory it was one of Bagek's and it's true that when announcements are delayed the market surmises it's bad news. If there are early reports that aren't quite what we want to here we still are generally willing to wait patiently, but if there are none by the due date then..........Well, we're only human......whether warranted or not in general we panic.

These are my thoughts and I appreciate everyone's opinions and efforts and always will........That's why we spend our time posting isn't it to try and assist each other to make wize decisions when investing.

GL all

IMHO DYOR

BTW Gold closed UP at just under US$1730

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.