GNM 0.00% 1.2¢ great northern minerals limited

Announcements needed, page-70

1. 6,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 764
    @Davy Boy - To follow on from @cfp post, weathering was discussed quite in detail on these threads before.
    Rather than to reword again, kindly refer to the excellent posts from @Scarpa and others
    https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/23734482/single
    https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/23272844/single

In short what we have seen in my opinion is the natural effects of severe chemical weathering over time due to the moisture. I agree with @cfp and @Scarpa in that we received some nice grades which GSM can at least target with drillbit now. Theoretically I also believe we should get higher grades and the white clay found on top/surface looks promising in my opinion. Nothing is certain but ultimately drilling will be the true test!

@nondiscrypt
    We probably don't know the full details looking outside in. Perhaps John Watts wasn't available last year at the time. As mentioned, Brendan Borg was offered a position as managing director with another company (probably better for him! More job stability, closer to home/family etc etc)

I do believe GPP management did well to snare Borg Geoscience as a consultant to the project for the initial phase 1 due to their high in demand status. It is my opinion that GPP probably need a more permanent consultant on the ground in Guyana working with the GSM partners for our next phase 2- hopefully John Watts or someone else can be this person.

A little bit more on John Watts:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=25779494&privcapId=36850223

Mr. John Adrian Watts, BSc (Hons Geol) FAusIMM CPGO FIMMM CEng serves as Exploration and Tenement Consultant of Greenpower Energy Limited and served as its Chief Executive Officer until March 31, 2014. Mr. Watts served as Group Geology Manager of Thor Mining Plc. Mr. Watts is a Geologist with over 30 years experience in exploration and mining throughout Australasia, Africa and the Americas. He has held senior positions in exploration and mining companies in Australia and Asia. He then came to Australia and worked as a geologist for the Bureau of Mineral Resources in the Northern Territory, then successively for Bekker-Rix Pty Limited, Brisbane, in Queensland, Core Laboratories International, Singapore, Dresser Minerals International, Jakarta, Indonesia. Mr. Watts has extensive experience in preparation of Independent Geological Reports andmineral property valuations for Initial Public Offerings, company mergers, acquisitions and takeovers. Project Management and assessment, field mapping; underground and surface sampling; geochemical exploration; supervision of geophysical surveys and drilling programmes; exploration, evaluation and ore reserve assessment of industrial and metalliferous deposits. Well-site geology and engineering; and exploration for liquid and solid hydrocarbons. Mr. Watts served as Executive Director of Exploration of Iron Mountain Mining Limited until December 16. 2008. He then worked as an independent consultant in Perth, before rejoining Dresser, then the Power Reactor and Nuclear Fuel Development Corporation of Japan. He then returned to WA and became the principal consulting geologist with Mackay & Schnellmann for 19 years until 1999. He then consulted independently, successively, to Central Deborah Gold Mine, Batavia Mining, Tennant Creek Gold, Thor Mining, Hale Energy and NZ Mines, before becoming Exploration Director of Iron Mountain Australia till 2008. He serves as a Director of Australian Exploration Field Services Pty Ltd and of Fiddlers Creek Gold Mining Company Pty Ltd. He served as an Executive Director of Iron Mountain Mining Limited since March 14, 2007. He served as a Director of Eagle Nickel Ltd. from October 27, 2007 to September 12, 2008. Mr. Watts served as a Director of Mackay & Schnellmann in Australia, for almost 20 years. He is a Fellow of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy. He is a Certified Practising Geologist and a Fellow of the Institute of Materials, Metals and Mining in the United Kingdom and a Chartered Engineer. He graduated B.Sc.( Hons) Geology, from the University College of Wales, Aberystwyth, in the United Kingdom, in 1968.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.855M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2301000 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 144435 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GNM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.