CQT 0.00% 51.5¢ conquest mining limited

announcment more exploration, page-3

1. 1,004 Posts.
    SUITE 4 213 BALCATTA ROAD BALCATTA 6021 WESTERN AUSTRALIA PO BOX 572 BALCATTA WESTERN AUSTRALIA 6914
    TEL (08) 9240 4111 FAX (08) 9240 4054 EMAIL [email protected] WWW www.conquestmining.com.au
    ASX ANNOUNCEMENT
    Thursday 19th August 2004
    Bow River Exploration Tenement Granted
    Conquest Mining Limited [Conquest] is pleased to advise that the Department of
    Industry and Resources has granted the Company’s exploration license E80/3226
    surrounding the “M&M Gravels” prospect. E80/3226 includes gravel terraces
    potentially sourced from the Argyle diamond deposit. Native Title restrictions have
    prevented physical exploration of the area since the discovery of diamonds at Smoke
    Creek in 1978. Conquest intends to explore new areas immediately with excavation
    and mapping to commence in September 2004.
    Figure 1. Conquest’s Tenements shown in yellow adjoin the Argyle
    Diamond Mine leases shown in green. Arrows indicate
    downstream transport of diamonds from the Argyle deposit.
    Conquest is the second largest landholder in the East Kimberleys, surrounding Rio
    Tinto’s Argyle Diamond Mine. Conquest controls an exploration area of 1,252 square
    kilometres. The company’s focus is on re-establishing alluvial diamond operations
    downstream from Argyle and exploring for primary diamond sources.
    In March 2004, Conquest finalised its purchase of the ex-Normandy Bow River
    Diamond Mine from Astro Mining Ltd for $200,000. The Bow River Mine produced
    7.5 million carats of diamonds from 27 million tonnes of alluvial ore between 1988
    Argyle Mine M&M Gravels
    Argyle Alluvial Mine
    (Upperr Smoke Crreek))
    E80/3226
    Lower Smoke Creek
    Lake Argyle
    Former Bow River Mine
    Argyle Diamond Mine
    and 1996. Production from Bow River included rare pink diamonds sourced from
    Argyle’s AK1 pipe.
    Higher world diamond prices may now allow for the mining of lower grade gravels
    which were not economic at the time of the mine’s closure. Conquest controls an
    inferred gravel resource at Bow River of 1.5Mt @ 20 cpht for 300,000 carats.
    Additional resources at the M&M gravel location would greatly improve the likelihood
    of renewed development of the alluvial diamond deposits at Bow River.
    Conquest believes that the emerging supply /demand shortfall in the world supply of
    diamonds is driving growing international and domestic investor interest in Australian
    diamond companies. The company has committed to fully investigating the diamond
    potential of its Ellendale 17 lamproite in the West Kimberleys during the remainder of
    the 2004 field season and intends to mount a significant alluvial exploration
    campaign involving bulk sampling at Bow River and Ellendale from mid-2005.
    About Conquest Mining Limited
    Conquest Mining Limited is an ASX-listed multi-commodity explorer. Conquest’s
    exploration projects include the North Ellendale lamproite field in West Kimberley, the
    Napier Range Ag-Pb-Zn project, the Bow River and Smoke Creek alluvial diamond
    deposits adjacent to the Argyle Diamond Mine, the Crush Creek Gold JV with
    Goldfields Australasia, the Mt Carlton Au-Ag-Cu project near Charters Towers and
    the Collinsville Cu-Au exploration project.
    J TERPU D BURTON
    Managing Director Technical Director
    For Further Information Please Contact:
    Mr. David Burton ph: 08-9240-4111
    Technical Director fax: 08-9240-4054
    email: [email protected]
    Our NEW website details are: www.conquestmining.com.au

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CQT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.