OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

announcment, page-71

1. 3,054 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    At some point in time the ASX has to take a position on the reporting of Niton results. At this stage Niton results are in a grey zone where companies can sit on sensitive Niton results because they are not deemed accurate enough, however in the meantime the company is drawing signfiicant geological conclusions from them including the extrapolation of mineralised corridors and future drill programs, etc etc

For OGX to say that 8 of the remaining holes should have similar mineralisation to the first hole - based on Niton results - and put it in ASX announcement for all to see - then to me they should bl..dy well report the data used to reach this conclusion to the owners of the company - us!

There are many types of exploration data that are reported that are not 'accurate' eg exploration targets derived from geophysics, geohemical surveys, etc. So how is this different?

OGX have stuck their neck out to make this statement regarding the 8 holes. If they are wrong and the holes end up barren they will look like amateurs. However at the moment as shareholders we should trust the professional competency of the technical team - and should be working on the basis that they will be right in their judgements. If that is the case - then report the Niton results. You cant have your cake and eat it..!!

IMO this situation with the Niton results can also lead to a form of insider trading as I am sure the inner ring of company contacts will be discussing the situation unofficially over the morning cappuccino.

this needs to be rectified IMO.

cheers
    gosuth

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.