I live o/s and its so hard as soon as an AFL highlight or match...

1. 197 Posts.
    I live o/s and its so hard as soon as an AFL highlight or match comes on a sports channel, everyone wants to know whats going on. But it's so fast and now days just looks like a group of players following the ball, then one marks and they all run forward of the mark, and same thing over and over. The commentators are worse, they comment on everything, like "left foot kick into the forward line and so and so takes a mark, turns and kicks to the square"...OH REALLY !!! like we can SEE all that with out EYES, why dont they take a leaf out of Rugby Union or Football(soccer)and learn how to inform, not just talk away like they are on radio, it's on TV the viewers can SEE what is happening to the ball !!!! they do not need to force feed it down our throats. It is not a horse race, although that is what it sounds like. Amazes me that people in Oz just accept it as "calling the game".. well you could turn down the fast talking "centimeter perfect guy" and have music playing through your stero and still not miss a thing.

Wonder if the AFL commentators get payed by the amount of words they can cram into a quarter !!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.