HAW 16.7% 7.0¢ hawthorn resources limited

I share your frustration.The bare bones facts shared by HAW...

1. 914 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1126
    I share your frustration.

The bare bones facts shared by HAW are very promising, but are limited to tangible results, sometimes months after the fact. Anyone looking for a dramatic narrative is going to feel quite lost.

The gold price has been creeping up the last couple of months, and with macro-market disruptions there is no shortage of pundits predicting a major gold price surge.

But regardless, even at current gold prices, HAW is strangely priced. It's no big stretch to make the case that HAW's net operating profits in 2019 will well exceed the current MCap.

And that ignores the other very substantial assets that HAW is sitting on.

Many investments are over-hyped, over-promised - perhaps we should be grateful, and trust HAW's true value will eventually become apparent in the SP.

The trouble is the paucity of regular updates, elaboration and vision leaves an uncomfortable feeling that the management is being cagey with shareholders. 

And there is a consequential lack of retail investor awareness - although there's good indications that HAW management has turned over a new leaf, and is focusing on tangible cash-generating opportunities. 

Yes, we'd like to know more about HAW's forward plans - what other resources will be exploited - and how HAW will employ the cash now being generated. And definitely I'd feel good about a SP that rises rather than sinks.

For the moment, I've been assuming HAW following the steady path of quiet achievement, confident about current and future cash generation - building a war chest. A slow fuse strategy, so far...

For the business, raising (or ramping) the SP will be beneficial WHEN there's a need to raise finance, by whatever channel. And I want that finance only to be raised for highly prospective projects. 

OK, HAW's future plans remain opaque - whether due to management prudence, a current lack of need for further financing, or some unknown deviousness, I don't know.

What I do know that the MCap is strikingly low for the value that is being generated, let alone the even greater future value we can speculate on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.010(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $23.45M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.5¢ 7.0¢ 6.5¢ $7.528K 108.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 73940 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.7¢ 7617 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.34pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HAW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.