NSE 0.00% 0.4¢ new standard energy limited

anns: conoco executes the farm-in agreement !, page-48

1. 2,672 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 483
    I won't really spend much time arguing against your opinion on BRU because I'm really solely concerned with your dismissal of the discrete facts already mentioned several times. People are free to have opinions, I've already stated I don't mind criticism of BRU or any of the other stocks I own. If you state a fact I will agree. It's always good to have an opposing opinion that challenges your research. (Not that I think this is one, offhand I can dismiss it merely by pointing to BRU and NSE's common interests. If all hope is dead it means NSE's first Goldwyer drills and Lawford are dusters given BRU's Goldwyer acreage and interest in Lawford. And of course it's one of scope, "major" discoveries whilst obviously my very favourite, aren't required if they can keep finding ~20mmbbl targets).

My only argument with you as I'm sure you know through repetition is your treatment of the information. Here is what you said about Beach:

" bpt booked 2 tcf shale gas in two wells only!!
    Beach Energy has announced today that it has booked a contingent resource of 2 trillion cubic feet (TCF) onshore gas resource from its two vertical shale gas wells in the Cooper Basin. (These wells were not designed for production purposes but as data gathering wells only)
    This is an internal resource estimation. It should be converted to 1P, 2P and 3P reserves by more drilling and certification over the time."

Wow, you seem excited over the test wells, and freely acknowledge it's a big deal and understand the methodology of testing. Not proving a resource but the initial first step in delineating it and de-risking the field after drilling and shows is a major milestone that allows for resources to be crowed about in the first real tentative way. Excellent, I agree, tally ho.

But what's this? BRU has also booked a contingent resource at the Yulleroo wet gas field. They also drilled data gathering wells, flow tested and it also "should be converted to 1-3P reserves by more drilling" (the imminent Y3, Y4 drills). Not only did it do this but in tight and conventional mix, generally more profitable than shale, and yet here is what you said about Yulleroo:

"Their only hope is to find HCs", "They have found NOTHING".

So, the execution of a process for a company that fits your narrative and it's all exclamation points and whooping. The SAME PROCESS on a company you don't like but actually more substantially affects us as NSE holders and it's what can only be described - in this obvious and harsh light - as down ramping.

Anyone reading this, even the guys with significant parts of their holding in NSE who are irritated with me talking about anything other than how amazing NSE is (and the manner of my talking), can see the issue now, if not before even if they won't admit it. You have no argument against the truth of this, there is no meaningful equivocating. I am proud of - as emrecide says - being condescending and confrontational when people do this. Although of course perhaps taking a less confrontational approach would have yielded a better resolution. I just object when facts aren't adhered to or information is portrayed in a way that misconstrues the situation. I don't think I'm being overly pedantic here. When/if I do something similar, please by all means return the favour. I think you'll find however that I'm quick to agree when I've made a mistake or have been too enthusiastic.

I am a combination of trader and investor. I think you have to be to be successful in the long run. For example I don't disagree that early BRU holders should sell a portion in the 90c range if they didn't already last year. If they bought below 30c I'd suggest becoming at least free carried. Plenty of people sitting on a 300-400% return that should be guarded in some measure. I don't however necessarily think the same is true of NSE as a company given the differences inherent between them and a sole investor, but then again I have a different opinion on BRU as an investment don't I?

If we want to talk more about Lawford, even at this late stage I will most likely start a new thread rather than continuing to drag everything into this one. Beware though, I think that BRU's drills have made Lawford look potentially even more attractive so I would most likely need to discuss them (like NSE does themselves in their anns.) I'll just acknowledge that you don't believe they're going to work.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NSE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.