BMN 3.54% $3.22 bannerman energy ltd

Hi Tibbs et alI have realised I won't live long enough to (a)...

1. 18,131 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    Hi Tibbs et al

I have realised I won't live long enough to
    (a) see my BMN shares re-imburse me for my losses and
    (b) see nuclear power take its righful place in 'saving the planet' whatever that will mean in the future.

I have just had a really good look at the way electricity is being created all around the world - and God-help-us - a lot of it is still from coal. Atomic power is still at the bottom of the heap along with alternative power.
    The news on radio and T.V. and in the newspapers from time to time is negative, as we are always questioning Iran: "do you do nuclear for research, energy or military purposes?" etc." the unspoken and implied emotion is always fear. Not just fear of what Iran might do, but every time that one pops up, it re-inforces a generalised fear of 'going nuclear'. My God, we've got 160 nuclear powered ships crossing the oceans of the world; to me those ships present a much greater risk than land-based nuclear power stations.

Here I might say that Australia (along with my birth country, Austria) is among the most backward nations who won't touch the stuff - yes we sell it, but we're into coal in a big way. Just watch some of those Q.&A. programs - it turns your stomach; last week (or two weeks ago) the word 'nuclear' was never uttered. It seems 'nuclear' is still a dirty word.

Even the citizens of countries who are using nuclear power are not fully aware of how many power stations they have, unless they've got one in the vicinity. When questioned the response is usually a helpless shoulder shrug and a sigh 'yes, we've got nuclear' etc.

We need a public education program or something similar about nuclear power - and here I am not thinking about shareholder value - but about the future of our planet. It does not seem to enter the thick skulls of the average citizen of this planet, that unless we use nuclear, we won't have a planet.

The other aspect of using something is that you get better at it, and use of atomic power will cause a proliferation of nuclear knowledge which will drive research, and eventually result in new technology, i.e. cleaner usage as in 'fusion' technology.

Here, we are not even particularly brilliant with solar technology!
    Whatever is the matter with the 'clever country'?

Please talk to your friends or anybody who wants to listen that we have very little choice, but to go nuclear and that we have to start now, if we want to save this wonderful planet!

Well, I'll better get off my soap box!

Cheers

Taurisk

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.22
Change
0.110(3.54%)
Mkt cap ! $492.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.13 $3.25 $3.12 $2.225M 695.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50 $3.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.23 3084 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.