ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

"but unless you instal apump with stainless steel impellors...

1. 24,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    "but unless you instal apump with stainless steel impellors there's arisk of chopping out the pump pretty quickly and losing further efficiency quite quickly."

Lilac,

I forgot to say before, but, it is a very interest point you've made there my friend.

Not so long ago, I did notice a slowing down in the performance of the pump in a bore of mine and it nearly got down to a trickle. I thought that the pumps was stuffed, and I called the Irrigation people to pull it up an replace it.
    Surprise surprise, there was nothing wrong with the pump. They just found small particles of a snake's vertebrae caught up in the impellers and filters that practically blocked/chocked the suction up. They cleaned it up and re-lowered it down and away we went again without having the need of replacing the pump at all.
    I have been told, after that, that it is quite common for snakes to go down the hole in the bore casing and they they can't get back up anymore, and rot there.

The reason I am saying this, is to tell the forum that Submersible pumps, although they are very efficient and less costly to run, can be a little contankerous at times.
    IMHO, a hell of a lot better than windmills though.

Regards,
    Buddy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.