PLA 0.00% 6.7¢ platinum australia limited

another 60 million shares scooped up, page-5

1. 1,308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Hi dean2011

Frankly, I don't know. I'd be merely speculating if I was to name names. There was the same type of take-over talk about when I entered the stock for the first time in May/June of last year. However given the historic trading volumes for PLA over the past week - anything could be possible.

I still discount the idea of a take-over and given the number of shareholders (including a few institutions in the top twenty) who are still underwater - I think it would take quite a bit of effort to complete a take-over of PLA, even at double the current share price.

As you're aware, PLA has just completed a number of presentations in New York, London and Hong Kong. From the feedback I have received from the company, it has been suggested that the Q & A sessions were very popular and that PLA was on a number of 'watch lists' pending an update on Smokey Hills, which has now occurred.

We are now just waiting for confirmation by means of a new substantial shareholder notice from one (or more parties). This information will provide a helpful insight into not only who has been accumulating this week, but also who might have been responsible for the trading last Wednesday/Thursday (including the after hours cross trade of 10m c/o BOA) during which time the SP hit rock bottom and it seemed like the end of the world.

There looks to be plenty of support for the sock at current levels. I'm guessing there are many who have sold in the past week only to see the SP increase further and so now they're trying to buy back into the story. There may still come an opportunity, but I'm of the opinion that the risk of a further up-side move out-weights the downside risk.

It's still early days, but it did occur to me today that I'll probably change my sentiment from Buy to LT Buy when the SP hits the early 20's. But that's still a little way off (or is it?) and any new information could well change that view.

I shouldn't think we have too much longer to wait to find out what been 'actually' going on. Can't wait! I'm sill hangin' in there.

Cheers

Gus

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.