BLR 0.00% 0.2¢ black range minerals limited

I guess it depends on the definition of "addressing". Why hasn't...

1. 561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    I guess it depends on the definition of "addressing". Why hasn't the primary regulator, the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, made an announcement on ablation recently?

On August 13, 2015, the CDPHE sent a letter to Black Range acknowledging receipt of BLR's ablation white paper. The CDPHE requested more information, including a long list of detailed questions.

On September 25, 2015, the CDPHE issued a notice warning that "Conducting uranium ablation activities which involve the use or possession of source material in excess of the quantities prescribed in 6 CCR 1007-1, Part 3, 3.5.1 for the 15 pound general source material license will be considered the use of radioactive materials without a license, an act subject to civil and criminal penalties under the Colorado Radiation Control Act. § 25-11-107, C.R.S."

The notice also included the department's proposed evaluation process for ablation:

"At this time the Department is conducting an evaluation of the applicability of the Colorado Radiation Control Act to uranium ablation technologies. This is a first step before any licensing for the use of ablation technologies, if needed, would take place. This evaluation has or will include requests for additional information from uranium ablation proponents and a public stakeholder process."

The department has not made a public statement on ablation for over five months. There is no evidence that WUC responded to the request for information.

If WUC is addressing the issue of ablation licensing, they don't appear to be making much progress.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.