BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

Another AFR article, page-489

1. 2,519 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    If FC decide to play hard ball and find cause to cancel the agreement they will likely lose money. There is only circa $24m in BRTV accounts as at December 17.

If $19m of that is the 41% security deposit of money forwarded then that means as of December there is another amount of around $16m that would be the 35% working capital forwarded.

They then talk about as of the time of the ASX letters there being $19m drawn from the Sponsorship Pool amount of $20m.

This has caused lots of confusion about how all these numbers stack up.

The reality is though that as at Dec 17 there's only circa $24m in BRTV accounts.

If FC have cause and decide to get their money back they will lose millions straight off the bat, as well as the potential of the penalty fees and any future possible earnings if the arrangement worked out.

FC are privy to the 3 year business plan and receive monthly financials and would meet regularly with management.

They can vary their agreement. So either the current agreement is working. Or if its not working do they restate their agreement to give a longer term debt facility. BIGs growth in Aus tapers with no more fronted money and instead they focus on onboarding existing customers to their soon to be released App. Finstro gets paid over time and has the potential to onboard future customers who are interested in finance rather than the current sales model.

The growth then moves and focuses on the USA where there are some other big names involved and interested.

This one has a lot more to go.

Oh and interestingly in the ASX announcement Pricemaker was issued with 150,00 shares on 7 July for payment of an invoice. Is that the same Pricemaker that BIG was interested in taking over for 15 million shares a year before which did not proceed.

Fairfax bought 50% of Pricemaker in 2014, were they a shareholder during these negotiations and were they aware that Pricemaker accepted 150,000 shares for payment of an invoice in July 2017 as outlined in the ASX response letters. I don't recall that being in the AFR article.

As I've said this has a lot more to play out. I'm not defending the company in any which way. This simply an insanely complex experience that we are all witnessing. We are front row to how business operates. It looks messy, it looks deceitful, I'm sorry to say this is reality.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.