CTP 0.00% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

Bold indeed shrewd and I didn't say that without justification....

1. 609 Posts.
    Bold indeed shrewd and I didn't say that without justification. Though I should have clarified via reference to the speculative oil and gas sector - not all small caps in general.

With reference to todays action demonstrating the risk CTP carries, it depends on how you look at it. Todays fluctuations mean nothing to me, I didnt even bat an eyelid. Shares go up and shares go down - all stocks do it and CTP is no different. Are you then suggesting the other specs that went down show the how risky they are aswell? Thats just the stockmarket for you. If you're a daytrader daily fluctuations mean something but not to me, CTP is fundamentally sound.

Back to the point, the mitigations measures CTP has taken to reduce its risk are glaringly obvious in comparison to numerous other speculative oilers out there. Further to this;

- Financially they are sound for a few years with the bond facility (how many small cap oilers have approx $70m more in cash readily available??)

- Commodity market wise they are sound and, further to that having numerous plays further mitigates commodity market risk.

- They are technically competent with high level experienced management (quite possibly one of if not the most experienced teams around in the small cap oil/gas sector). Find me a board to challenge it?

- Contractually they are positioned well having received spectacular deals on their farmout packages.

and the list goes on and on. It's pointless reapeating whats openly available on the market to assess but each to their own. I will stand by firmly IMO that CTP is one of the lesser risky plays given the fundamentals behind it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $35.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 5.0¢ 4.8¢ $9.253K 191.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 35489 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 16330 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.33pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.