GNM 0.00% 1.2¢ great northern minerals limited

Another attempt to get GPP management to answer questions!, page-6

1. 2,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 536
    If you're genuinely interested in feedback, here's my 2 cents (And this isn't intended to attack, bait, flame you, for what it's worth I think this email is a great initiative and you are adding value to the HC forums, even if only to share with others what some key questions they should be asking themselves as investors are);

"Obviously what I previously sent has slipped under the radar, but it is not the first time an email has gone unanswered. "

Comments like this instantly put the addressee on the defensive, if your approach is to prove you are in the right, and they are in the wrong or are somehow deficient in some area, then you have already lost half the battle. You are emailing a person, not a robot employed by the company to communicate with shareholders at the end of the day. Companies at this end of the market are only as effective as their management most of the time, so delivering a formal grilling like you have done is better suited for a larger organisation, perhaps, but certainly not for attempting to open up one-on-one engagement with a key stakeholder.

For right or wrong, I will also note the position of power (or lack thereof) in which you sit. GPP has every right to dismiss your enquiries and respond only to what it needs to, or what it deems suitable for shareholder engagement. An ASX listed company does have to be on standby to answer any and all requests of all of its shareholders. Again, whether you agree or not and whether it's right or wrong, that is the legislative environment we are operating within and is the harsh reality you may be getting faced with here. I'm not saying don't or you can't ask, I'm just saying be mindful you are not in a position of power and are in effect asking senior management to go out of their way to grant you the favour of their time. Your tone does not align with that relationship dynamic nor does it indicate your respect of that relationship.

I note a similar trend throughout the points in your email, they can be considered cold and very pointed in an almost accusatory tone. Whilst that may be fair enough and how you (and many others) feel, allowing that frustration to manifest in the way you write your pointed questions won't make the situation any better.

Only other thing I would say is, different management teams and companies have different expectations and approaches to shareholder engagement. If at first you don't succeed... try another tact?

Oh and one more thing, inb4 OHD Q&A

Thanks for sharing this,
    Zest

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.855M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2301000 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 13333 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GNM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.