CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

Hi Dis,It's public information, so you are very welcome to do...

1. 1,831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 640
    Hi Dis,

It's public information, so you are very welcome to do what you like with it.

Being serious for a moment though (just a moment): I suspect that it might be counter-productive. As you probably realise, the comment is hyperbole and not entirely factually correct or fair.

It reflects anger more than reason and I think it's a basic tenet of lobbying that you should be polite and avoid straw men that are easy to knock down. When trying to shift a person's viewpoint its important to avoid any easy path to having your arguments dismissed - the brain is just too good at self-justification.

In particular, the REDP scheme was originally supposed to have a preference for a small number of large grants (I think - correct me if I'm wrong) and there has been no strong statement that this has changed. I am concerned that this is part of what the delays foretell (in addition to the splitting off of the solar components, which I also find objectionable) and that's what the crack was aimed at. Not really confirmed at this point though.

The rest is just railing at the political process and as much as I get frustrated by this process I daresay that Wong/Rudd know a great deal more about the practical issues of realpolitik than you or I.

If we are serious about influencing the process I think its incumbent on us to fully understand the pragmatic realities of the process we are trying to influence. After all, that's the frustration many of us feel with the greenies who shoot from the hip rather than taking the time to understand the full picture - lets not be guilty of he same lack of sophistication.

So do what you like, but remember that politicians have a much thicker skin than you or I and it takes a lot to shame them into anything.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.