no, not so much services. I think services are easier to adjust...

1. 83,388 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    no, not so much services. I think services are easier to adjust to poor quality

large building projects - different matter.

I think services like power water sewerage hospitals jails etc etc

all should be government.

getting them built is a bugger often - but, once running --------- they can be made to service well - IF there's a will

ideology ------- to me has been a problem over decades in Oz -

the cut cut cut, low tax, low invest, spend as little as possible and provide minimum service

that has been an ideology and I think it's a massive failure - a few points

1. as you cut and cut - your services get shittier and shittier and your backlogs longer and longer

2. you get this stupid lowest price wins thing - a disaster waiting to happen

3. politically you get a cut cut cut race to the bottom - promises at elections - I can cut more than you can cut. That isn't a cut - THIS is a cut ------ and to the bottom we plunge

4. Which I believe a huge concern --------- I believe that in most cases where services are cut and costs driven down or appear to be driven down - I believe in the end it costs a hell of a lot more.
    Saving money by not putting handles on old folks doorways --- saving 100 bucks then having to replace 2 hips ---------- nothing saved there.
    Saving money by having oldies at home - and not giving a service to cut their lawns and keep their gardens ---------- result - they get depressed, go downhill and go into aged care homes - for years. Not a buck save there - a huge cost created.

etc

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.