NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Shrewd Crude, have a look at the chart - it shows that it does...

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Shrewd Crude, have a look at the chart - it shows that it does matter when the company fracs A-2:

200% advance from 3c to 9c
    50% retrace of advance from 9c to 6c

The SP had an incredible run on the news of the minister's nod on the frac. But with months till the frac date, and little news in between, there is plenty of scope for consolidation/retrace in that time. As we approach the frac date we will start to see the SP move up again.

Share prices go up and down. At least with a news driven stock like NWE there is a reasonably predictable pattern that replicates many many small cap mining stocks elsewhere. So the short game is entirely valid and profitable. Anyone timing the top and getting back in now (probably still a bit early imo) could have increased there shareholding by 50%.

But they could have missed out on further gains too if the price had continued to run. So anyone trading this short term stands to gain a lot if they have the skills. Doesnt mean they dont believe in the long term prospects.

Disclosure - I bought back in in the 3's and sold some on the way up (not near 9c unfortunately - my timing skills arent perfect), but have kept a long term position. I will add again when the time is right - for me.

Cheers, Sharks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.