CSL 0.85% $297.20 csl limited

another example of obscene payments

1. 868 Posts.
    If it's not enough to see Batchelor Boy at AMP get multi-millions for screwing shareholders, check this extract from AFR (27/2/03...p. 46) :
    "McMAMEE'S $7.2M OPTIONS WINNER"

Despite his stock (CSL) tanking more than 70% this year, (Brian) McNamee is on a nice little earner which he crystallised yesterday into a paper profit of $7.2 Million. The trained doctor and one time professional tennis player exercised 530,333 options that he's accumulated in his 12 years while at the helm of CSL.
    The head of the blood products group certainly did not break the budget in exercising his options...he paid the princely sum of $5303.33 for the options, which cost him only 1c each.
    The one bit of good news in all this for struggling ounters is that McNamee will surely be slugged a hefty tax bill. This shouldn't pose too many problems, given his remuneration package more than doubled last year from $3.3 Million to $7.54 million - placing him not far off Australia's highest paid executives.
    And if there's no spare change out of this, McNamee has a further 300,000 options which he could always sell to cover any shortfall with the tax man.
    Just in case you thought most of these were issued years ago when lucrative options were in vogue, you're wrong.......243,000 of these 1c options were issued last year.
    To me, this is an abomination.....I've not seen a better example of pure, unadulterated greed from an Australian corporate manager ever......and that includes Bachelor, Cuffe and all the rest (even OneTel).
    What exactly the CSL Board is doing, I don't know....perhaps they can all receive free plasma transfusions....that might wake them up from their Zombie trance.
    CHEERS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$297.20
Change
-2.550(0.85%)
Mkt cap ! $143.4B
Open High Low Value Volume
$299.64 $300.03 $296.31 $19.60M 65.60K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9 $297.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$297.21 56 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.53am 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CSL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.