WCL 0.00% 39.5¢ westside corporation limited

another extension 9 days, page-48

1. 20 Posts.
    I think there is a lot of truth in energiseme's words regarding the tactics of the (assumed) Chinese suitor.

It helped them enormously that their fairly typical tactics (ie delay negotiations and wear the impatient Westerner out) coincided with the change (-ve) in market conditions for CSG assets.

However in the famous words of someone or other, "it is, what it is".

These tactics are able to be defended against for those that have had experience dealing in Asia will know, but it is whether the Board of WCL has the necessary skills to do so that is the big question. And in my view it will also get down to their level of fatigue on the whole process weighed against their self interest that will drive it.

As I know some of the Board, my call would be for their self interest to drive their decision making which is good for shareholders in my opinion. Though I am less confident in their ability to negotiate with these suitors than I am in their desire to protect what they see as their value in WCL.

On the effects on the fatigue factor - well if that does end up playing a part, it will have played directly into the suitors hands.

Per some comments I made in an earlier thread, I believe if they can get Petro to anything north of 60c they will recommend it. Below that I am not so sure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.