DML 0.00% 1.9¢ discovery metals limited

another extension, page-16

1. jhu
    504 Posts.
    I note a comment earlier and in reference to the accounts released on Friday it states that:

"The process has been extended a number of times and at the time of writing the Board is evaluating an indicative non-binding refinancing proposal it has received."

This was not clear of it was from the existing lending syndicate or another party. I actually took this has being in discussions with the existing lending syndicate to renegoatiate the terms.

In this release it says:

"Further, the Company is in advanced discussions with one party in relation to a re-finance proposal."

The use of the word "one party" suggests to me that this is a different party to the current lending syndicate, because it is an odd inclusion.

If this were the case then I would say that there are effectively negotiating with 2 financiers regarding a refinance of the lending facilities. The current syndicate and a new proposed financier. The reason why I say this is because, notwithstanding the pressure that the existing lenders would be exerting, the one thing that sends a question through a lenders mind is if someone else is willing to risk lending money to someone then what am I missing. Maybe it is not as bad as I first thought.

I know when I apply pressure to borrowers as soon as the borrower looks to have the facility repaid I am always ready to reconsider my position and renegotiate because depolying funds to a project that I understand is easier to do than trying to redepoly to a project I need to get my head around. It all just comes down to risks associated with servicing and repayment of the debt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.