NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

I was expressing my opinion investpro69, didn't see any...

1. 3,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I was expressing my opinion investpro69, didn't see any dictating going on, however you are asking me to keep my comments to myself, which is the the pot calling the kettle black. It seems you are setting off more than just my BS alarm when some of your posts are read here.

In any case that was a good pickup about Cope, and I had noticed the Linked In connection with Bertouche.

One difference in the comparison when NEA or IPR Ipernica as they were at the time at 2 to 4c, (more importantly a similar market cap of around ten million) they were operating nearmap, had a armory of historical images nationally, and it had quite a bit of revenue alreading coming in the door from commercial clients and several hundred thousand users in this country. They had no debt, they didn't need to raise cash and didn't need to spend anything on marketing as half the country had heard of them. That's why I bought in at 4c the day after the paywall went up.

I would not be surprised if you could make some good money on the hot air while it lasts on WSR, however establishing a national product with a wide market which is really only a niche product, much of which NEA has already claimed at pretty reasonable price points for what you get, I can not see huge things for this venture for WSR.

Maybe they can lower the cost of custom jobs for mining companies. A mate in the mining game recently paid an aerial photography company 70K to fly their prospective coal exploration area, for detailed photos and 3D models. Nearmap is not really in this sector of the market in a big way yet. FMG together with Google Earth had someone do some of their tenements as well to be put into google earth. That's great, but it's not annuity style recurring revenue, the market is limited, the revenue is sporadic, you can't sell the data again to RE agents, solar installers and a host of other markets.

My risk appetite at the moment is more suited to a company like NEA rather than WSR, otherwise I'd probably buy a few if I could actually find out a bit more about what it is they are trying to buy. I would suggest as the news loses its efficacy the WSR price may fall back once punters realise capital is required and a reliable stream of customer revenue is required.

There are other (established) companies doing the same sort of custom 3D asset and topography photos for mining and other infrastructure companies, we have discussed a couple on these forums recently.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.