NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Hi Investpro69, Thanks for the URL on another drone photography...

1. 609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531
    Hi Investpro69,

Thanks for the URL on another drone photography coy; they certainly are popping up all over the place. They are fantastic for localised, once-off aerial photography - great for real estate agents and promo/marketing coys.

But they really don't have anything to do with NEA's business models. NEA has never pitched to this market segment (aerial photography marketing/promotional work) and I very strongly doubt they ever will. The fact is that these types of drones cannot undertake the systematic city wide coverage that NEA's aircraft based pods do. And its not just about taking a photo; its about capturing huge amounts of 3D data and being able to stitch it together and integrate it with many other data sets. Small remote controlled drones such as these just cant do that.

In the future, I definitely can see remote drones carrying NEA type pods, but for now, it costs next to nothing to strap a pod to a certified Cessna and fly a city in 2 days. As data capture and storage systems become smaller and lighter; there is a possibility that a mid size drone could do the work of a Cessna. But its never been about the platform; drone or aircraft...it doesn't really matter.

Its about the proprietary knowledge of stitching many gigabits of 3D data together and marketing that to wide area type users. So the weakest possible link in the NEA business proposition is its IP. But I'll bet you pretty much anything you like that you wont find any of their 'competitors' with the IP assertion back ground and skill-sets that NEA has.

Well done on WSR. There's just not enough information on the people, the technology, the business plan and funding for me to consider comparing it to NEA. 3-4 years ago, I could touch and understand the technology, review and kick the business models, background check and interview the management and major shareholders, talk to some clients, discuss and understand their capital needs to bring the plans to fruition. After a year of pretty intensive research, I became a top 10 shareholder, and it has paid off.

I would like to be able to have some WSR, but I cant tick many due diligence boxes at all (at this stage) and the huge future bonus dilution also exacerbates the investment risk profile. As a professional investor, I take very measured chances, but one shouldn't gamble blindly.

Cheers,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.