A lot of the climate activists might want to consider their own...

1. 11,930 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3100

A lot of the climate activists might want to consider their own life choices. Mobile phones, cars, holidays on jets,computers, air conditioning, and all the other various consumptive choices. Just being alive consumes resources and breathing out producers co2.

Al Gore users a private jet and lives in a mansion, so do what i say, not as i do is alive and well there. Maybe he thinks its like going to confession and therefore he can do what ever he wants if he promotes the common good. Others may call it fear for profit and hypocrisy.

Give people and industry a tax incentive (not a new tax) and let them sort it out. Perhaps say to business that if they reduce your co2 content, they can get a a slightly lower tax rate for a certain period. You wont get very far taxing the hell out of them as they will just pass on the costs one way or the other.

Many in the left would see that as a free gift to business but its not. They have to earn it. They also employ 4 out of 5 people. Govts can't fix this problem on their own with schemes and new taxes, it just makes us less competitive and each business may have very different needs. There has to be better ways to sort this out but it got into the hands of pollies and hangers on. If you ever want cost blow outs and delays, look no further. I reckon $55b and counting spent on the NBN could have built the entire renewable grid if it was thought out and the telcos would have sorted out their own business if they wanted to stay in business. Competition does that.

Musk has just said he could build a twin lane 50km tunnel through the blue mountains for $1B. On the $55b NBN cost, we could have built over 2500km of double lane tunnel. That is nearly 2/3rds the way to Perth.the NBN costs are not over yet, so i reckon we may even get  to Perth in due course. 

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.