MWE mawson west ltd

another going off 19pc, page-16

1. 34,099 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1876
    Followme you write
    "Plough,

I looked at MWE on a number of occasions.

I agree, the Cu project is large. But, its in the Democratic Republic of Congo

Try getting $1bn Capex for that!"

Followme if you had looked at MWE more thoroughly you will find the CAPEX is around $80M max , not 1 Bn as they are doing HMS (heavy media seperation) on site with further processing by third parties, similar to what Anvil did to start its operations in 2002
    If this was a low grade Cu project the CAPEX would be alot higher in fact when MWE arrived I have it on good authority there were artesian miners on site mining the porphrie Cu with their hands the ground is that rich.
    Also Anvil is the major partner in this with I think around 20%
    It may be hard to get financing from Australia I agree but anvil later went the canadian lPO route with no problems and there are a number of companies listed out of Toronto in the area, american mineral fields (President Bushes father) gecamines etc
    I use to have your concerns about the area.
    Why not give the guys at MWE (david Francis et al) a call and ask some pointed questions like others here have. If the response is no good you are vindicated otherwise you may see some light here.
    PS I wouldnt invest 70% of my portfolio in it though as it is a specy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.