OAU 0.00% 0.6¢ ora gold limited

Another Great Fingall that would be nice

1. 2,264 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    I have been reading an interesting early Geological Survey done by the WA Mines Dept published in 1915 on the Meekatharra Murchison Gold Fields. Bulletin No 68.

Apparently the Kyarra Gold mines water level was at 30 feet, with a 24 hour rate making 65,000 gallons, so you can get an idea of the problems they had in those days.

Another interesting statement was found on page 90 of the survey report on the Kyarra Gold mine as follows.

Surface Enrichment : in the zone of oxidation (of which Kyarra and Black Jack veins are good examples) has few exceptions as regards auriferous veins. It must be remembered how ever, that no quartz vein in the area has been followed deeper than 300 feet, and that there is a possibility of reappearance of values at greater depth, such as took place in the Great Fingall mine.

GREAT FINGALL GOLD MINE EXTRACT.

At its height of production in 1905, the Great Fingall Mine was one of the largest and most profitable gold mines in Western Australia.

Gold was discovered at Day Dawn, about 8 kilometres south-west of Cue, by Ned Heffermen in 1891. After the initial alluvial gold rush, several companies established gold mines with shallow shafts from 1892 to 1900. Two of these, the Consolidated Murchison Gold Mines and Great Fingal Reefs Limited amalgamated to form the Great Fingal Consolidated in May 1899.

The Great Fingall Mine became the paramount gold mine on the field, and was largely responsible for the establishment of the town of Day Dawn, with 7 hotels, a workers club, public library, town hall and council chambers. Old Photographs show a huge processing plant, complex headframe, and at its height a 100 head stamp battery. Nothing remains now except the stone Mine Manager's Office built in 1902, and a headframe ruin on the south side of the open pit.

Experts gushed over the mine in the very early 1900's, with what appeared to be a never ending stream of gold, sent share prices rocketing, dividends continuously increasing, and machinery and processing plant equipment expanding. A London mining expert stated at the time it was one of the soundest and richest mines in the world, with its consistent richness and great length and breathe of its main ore channel, with phenomenal gold returns. A London journalist at the time noted the mine was earning the biggest profits of any gold mine in the world, and was within the top four for gross output. Another said' I would call it the ideal gold mine of ones dreams'. END

One can only hope that Crown Prince (old Kyarra) can be another Gt Fingall.

Drilling to start on Crown Prince very shortly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $34.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.7¢ 0.6¢ $8.296K 1.372M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 29549814 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 5279815 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.12pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.6¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.6¢ 329040
Last updated 15.19pm 29/03/2024 ?
OAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.