IMP 0.00% 14.0¢ imperial corporation limited

another massive purchase, page-6

1. 2,036 Posts.
    re: re:.......another massive purchase By Christopher Webb
    March 5, 2006

Geoffrey Frederick Lord is putting his toe back into the resources game,

His Belgravia group has emerged as a substantial shareholder in a show called Imperial One, IMP, a company whose shares fetch 1 cent and which is valued at $10 million.

He has bought 6 per cent of the register at less than 1 cent a share but it appears that followers of the Lord camp now own close to 200 million of the 1 billion shares.

"What intrigued me was that the company had a balance sheet made up of three items," says Lord. "It owns 45 million shares in Bemax, and Bemax is valued at about 40 cents, so that's roughly $17 million.

He says the Imperial One investment is "an opportunistic play with a long idea in mind."

So what is the idea?

"I won't talk about that yet," says the man who owns 20 per cent of Triako Resources, a gold explorer.

The former Elders Resources chief still enjoys running his labyrinth of companies.

"I love doing these little things," he says. "If you get 'em wrong, you get 'em wrong. We're genuine about trying to create value for shareholders, including ourselves."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.