BHP 0.02% $42.75 bhp group limited

Another member of the buffoon club? Can you believe some of these statements?, page-6

1. 684 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    I'm invested in both BHP and Vale. This has to be the oddest thread I have ever read. Why would any one holding shares want a company to flood the market with ore. It will just drive down share price.

Currently the 62% IOP is ~$70USD and the 65% IOP is ~90USD - both these prices produce massive free cash flows for BHP, Rio and Vale. FMG is plugging away and also turning a profit with its lower grade material.

I'm not sure when anyone gets the idea that these prices are closer to low than high, and for that matter how you magically think by producing more it is going to somehow push the price up???? These are solid long term prices.

Nothing is stopping low grade produces selling their ore on market, but i think you will find their production costs are high and their price is low because the quality is crap. It isnt Vale, BHP, Rio or even FMG's job to limit their own production in anyway to allow for smaller players to fill it.

And in regards to Fabio Schvartsman (who has only been in the job 6 months, so i'm not sure how firing him will do anything) - he is doing a great job for Vale - he has clearly (and in my opinion correctly) identified that Vale make about $20 more on every tonne of 65% iron ore they ship than 62% and about $40 a tonne compared to 58% why wouldn't they run with this strategy. As a shareholder, im happy especailly after a few hard years in the space.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.75
Change
0.010(0.02%)
Mkt cap ! $216.8B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.60 $42.83 $42.51 $460.8M 10.79M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1235 $42.74

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.76 18069 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.