Another Morrison victim bites the dust, page-103

1. 19,317 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56

Have to agree with you there that the system is a real sucker - I know as my eldest son has Downs Syndrome. The maximum rate that the NDIS will pay for speech therapy and occupational therapy is $193 per hour and guess what most providers charge that, but the real rate is actually much higher when you consider sessons are on 45min due to 15 minute prep time and all the other prep time etc they do it works out to be about $300 per 1 hour session. Quite frankly it is a complete waste of money and my son is getting more from his sessions he is doing with a good tutor (with only support qualifications ) at $50 per hour as many of the disabled need the quantity of time for learning and there is no way we can afford the so called professionals.

Re your autism comment - definitely understand that one as well as my dopey ex has got my youngest son diagnosed with Autism and on the NDIS, now while this kid has some autistic traits he does not require any support for his development. Definitely a money sucker for the system and a ticket to get her lazy arse on a disability support payment.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.