oh, please - we only make the coat of ignorance in just so many...

1. 81,110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    oh, please - we only make the coat of ignorance in just so many sizes - you're exceeding the range

whatever we think of Rudd - and, I sure don't think much -

his response to the GFC - his immediate actions - although some stuffed up - were actually very good

sure, the pink batts stuffed up a bit - but, the idea was very sound

it's like if you look at the John Monash victory - they didn't have 'everything' go well - many things failed and many men were killed and wounded - but, in the overall - it was a stunning victory.

Now - I wouldn't compare Rudd in anyway to that - at all - but, what it shows is that even when you have a huge win - there's some costs on the way - not everything works.

cut rudd some slack here -

the GFC appeared like a black cloud - rapidly --

Rudd acted ------------- FAST

what does acting FAST mean psychologically for a nation? -

it means that your people see you doing something - it helps that they all don't run off and buy truckloads of dunny paper AND run on your banks ----------- in Oz

we didn't panic - our sharemarket got hit - our currency went to the floor - but, in general - Oz didn't suffer anywhere near like other nations did

indeed considering the happenings - in the washup - we had very little damage comparatively.

the pink batts ------------- the concept of the pink batts was really good

it put money into the economy 'immediately' - or close enough - it put that money very close to root level
    it did the society a service by providing something that gave us better buildings and was an environmental plus

the idea itself was actually brilliant -

the execution - not so much

now - if you compare that action - decided in DAYS - fast forward to our next emergency - Covid -

and, we have Morrison - with ALL the benefit of hindsight from Rudd - including all the mistakes -

Morrison has WEEKS to do something - which - he tells us - he needs time to 'think it through properly'

he then comes out with Rudd V2 -

and, makes BIGGER MISTAKES THAN RUDD EVER DID

geesus ------------------ why pick on Rudd????

I am absolutely not a fan of Rudd - I think he was seriously bad news as PM -------------- BUT

geesus - look at Oz then and look at it now ----------

do you need reminding of national debts now, personal debts, currency collapses, royal commissions and homelessness?????????????

Morrison is making Rudd look like God atm

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.