WCB 0.00% $9.01 warrnambool cheese & butter factory co.hold.ltd

This is an interesting position, to which I'd like to hear more...

1. 141 Posts.
    This is an interesting position, to which I'd like to hear more of your thoughts on.

From my point of view, if MG does pass the tribunal.. and IF they do get a conditional 50% balance of shares.. only then can they takeover WCB.(remember their 'offer' is highly conditional.)
    MG no doubt will be heavily debt ridden and won't have the finances inorder to expand WCB's production pipeline until they sort out their company. An expansion is something that Saputo has declared as a point on their mission statement.

When two companies join together, that means less competition.. which doesn't drive up production. I would of thought Dairy Farmers would be of the position to take advantage of providing as much milk as their farms allow for. Ceasing the opportunity to expand quickly into the Asian markets that Saputo's bank account can manage.

30cents between the two offers is miniscule when thinking about ramping up on a larger scale for global demand. I don't like MG's offer as conditional in that it only stands if they acquire 50% of the roster. That's risky, not to mention overcoming the tribunal.

Maybe i'm not one of these wise heads you mentioned...

"You may be interested I am part of one of the interested parties to the ACT hearings into a MG WCB merger.

The submission from 'Concerned Dairy Farmers of Central and East Gippsland' (available on the ACT site) concentrates on our need for a strong co-operative, not further industry fragmentation through excessive competition.

ACCC are showing particular interest in our views requesting a meeting this week.

Wise heads need to prevail on this issue."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WCB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.