MSB 2.91% $1.06 mesoblast limited

Another shakeout before move up?, page-65

1. 16,873 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8353
    "...easy to be right as a shorter on this stock, is it not madam?"

On the contrary - my being an an investor who focuses not just on investment returns in isolation, but on risk-adjusted investment returns [*] - I think it is too risky to be short this stock.

Because it is patently obvious that shorters risk getting taken to the cleaners if:

1.) any trial results prove to be positive, or
    2.) some major partnership deal materialises

(After all, these are the two self-evident reasons which compels people to buy MSB.)

[*] As you should be able to glean - if you bothered to try - from the sorts of stocks I like to own (and why I own them) - before I start buying shares in any business, I try to think hard about what would be the worst case scenario (i.e., to how much potential permanent damage I am exposing my personal capital). If I was inclined to short-selling I would apply the exact same risk assessment and, as I said, there are one or two scenarios in which being short MSB would be painful. So I'll leave shorting to others who are happy to take on that kind of risk.

PS: Investment thinking isn't necessarily binary: Just because one doesn't think a stock is a definite buy, doesn't necessarily make it a definite sell. Which is the flawed assumption that you keep making in consistently trying to label me as a short-seller; i.e., your thinking runs along the lines of: because Madamswer is not buying MSB must therefore surely mean that he/she is selling it.

(Maybe, at some stage over past years, you should have spent just a few brief moments considering the message, instead of consistently attempting to shoot the messenger.)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.06
Change
0.030(2.91%)
Mkt cap ! $1.210B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.05 $1.09 $1.03 $5.796M 5.430M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 15990 $1.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.08 48632 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.