Your Phil quote as it clearly shows or should that be it doesn't...

1. 23,092 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Your Phil quote as it clearly shows or should that be it doesn't show, is absolutely ZERO to do with a pre-existing one emptying them selves, it is clearly speaking of Jesus the man, in the hear and now of the times.

"though he was in the form of God" -> How and why;
    1. God raised him in his word for most of his life Deu 18:18, hence he would of had the word of God without measure, so when he expressed them out, He Became the express image of God's Person -> Word, The Word. John 14:10, Heb 1:3.
    2. God was dwelling in him, without measure John 14:10, 3:34
    3. God was the one that actually did all the miracles through him Acts 2:22.
    4. God gave him all power and authority

So that is the key parts of why he was in the form of God.

" being born in the likeness of men."
    Because he was the 2nd Adam, Man his first every beginnings of all kind, just as Luke's opener shows in clear language.
    There is absolutely NO verses that even hint at, that he pre-existing one in some form was made lower by becoming a man.

"taking the form of a servant,"

This is where everyone needs to pay attention, so a time stamp can be put on these passages and to see what Paul is drawing from.
    Phil 2:5 - Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

And that is coming from the Jesus in the here and now of the times and not a pre-existing timeframe.
    John 13:14, 15 - If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.
    For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. = Let this mind be in you.............

Hence, with all the things that God had bestowed upon him etc as per the above, rather than saying the likes of, hey guys look at me, I'm much better than all, he humbled himself and become like one of the least.
    --------------
    "God had a son, it wasnt talking about a forward looking statement"

I'll assume this is in ref to John 17:5?
    You simply cannot deny those people of 2 Tim 1:9 could not ask God for the exact same glory and context as Jesus did.

No it's not forward, as it was the Father that was holding this glory, before the world existed with him, so it is both, just as 2 Tim 1:9 clearly shows it can be and was.

"God had a Son"

Not back then, well, Jesus at least, according to the Bibles clear messages.
    Luke 1:32, 35 - He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
    And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore (for this reason), also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

Psa 2:7 - “I will (not yet) declare the decree: Yehowah has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

The Son aspect in all this and many more prophesies, is all future context, no son yet in them.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.