Another shout of praise goes up to Jehovah!, page-2516

1. 5,631 Posts.
    With your continuing posting after saying not to swallow anything you say, You are essentially saying, "Trust me not, but trust me anyway." It's a contradictory and paradoxical statement, which can be confusing and infuriating.

This behavior is often referred to as a "cognitive dissonance" or a "logical contradiction." The person is creating a disconnect between their words and actions, making it difficult for others to take them seriously or understand their motivations.

There are a few possible reasons why someone might engage in this behavior:

1. Manipulation: They might be trying to control the conversation or influence others without being accountable for their words. By saying "don't swallow what I say," they're attempting to create doubt and skepticism, which can make it easier to manipulate others into agreeing with them.

2. Fear of accountability: This person might be afraid of being held accountable for their actions or opinions, so they create a shield by saying they shouldn't be trusted. This way, if someone calls them out on something, they can claim they were just joking or didn't mean it literally.

3. Insecurity or low self-confidence: In some cases, this behavior might be a coping mechanism for someone who struggles with self-doubt or insecurity. By saying "don't trust me," they're trying to deflect attention from their own doubts and fears.

4. Attention-seeking: This person might be seeking attention or validation by engaging in provocative behavior. Saying "don't trust me" can be a way to create controversy and generate reactions from others.

If you encounter someone who says "dont swallow" but continues talking and expecting you to believe them, here are some tips:

1. Stay calm and observant: Take a step back and assess the situation objectively.

2. Don't take the bait: Avoid getting defensive or emotional, as this can escalate the situation.

3. Set boundaries Politely but firmly express your concerns and limitations in engaging with this person.

4. Don't invest your credibility : Don't give in to the temptation to believe or agree with someone who doesn't respect your skepticism.

5. Seek validation elsewhere: If you need confirmation or reassurance, seek it from credible sources or people who demonstrate logical consistency in their words and actions.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.