Another shout of praise goes up to Jehovah!, page-2700

1. 24,620 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

@whereu

It would appear that you're not up to speed with my whole point in this area, your missing some of it, which I may not have covered with you, but ppm?
    "Maybe, but to me, it's obvious that you are not up to speed with what the Trinity is.
    Jews reject the NT and Jesus Christ, seeing him as well-meaning with some good moral points but as a deluded individual exaggerated by NT authors.
    So, obviously, they will reject the Trinity doctrine."

What the Jews do or didn't do as per your message, is totally irrelevant to the point I make.
    Likewise, regardless as to whether I'm up to speed with this created trinity, which I am, has zero to do with the point.
    They worshiped God as per the clear verses I showed, One Yehowah, singular person so to speak and not 3.
    Hence, if God was in fact 3 persons, they would be worshiping a false God, there is No other way of viewing this, and it has zero to do with trinity or interpretation, just the clear and obvious facts.
    -----------
    Jesus quoted the above and also confirms it, clarifies it -> John 17:3 - This now is the eternal life that they should know You (Father) the Only True God and whom you have sent, Jesus Christ.
    (He unquestionably here, independently of himself, defines, references, the Father as the only true God, when he was here).After the cross, now exalted and glorified, he is now a Begotten God, ruling for the Father until death no more - John 1:18 = confirms, supports his words in 17:3.

"John 14:
    6, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 6:44 - No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 5:26 For as the Father has life in himself (words J 1:4) so has he given to the Son (words) to have life in himself.
    John 17:8 -
    For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.
    John 6:68 - Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
    John 17:2 - as You have given Him (Jesus) authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.

"It is obviously not only about the Father". -> That's right, it is also about the 2nd Adam Man, re eternal life 17:3, but that doesn't change the fact that Jesus references the Father as the only true God when he was here, independently of himself.

"Jesus and the Father are both important to your hope of eternal life, hence the Trinity."
    Yes but, there is NO "hence the trinity", to be found in this verse = 17:3
    ZERO mention by Jesus that as well as needing to know the Father and Him for eternal life, that you also needed to know this created holy spirit person, that most have created.
    No verse in the Bible, says such thing.
    The God and Father who is Spirit, IS the Holy Spirit, who Fathered Jesus, just as Luke's simple message shows, hence the reason Jesus makes No reference to the Holy Spirit in 17:3.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.