Another shout of praise goes up to Jehovah!, page-2705

1. 5,689 Posts.
    Jesus quoted the above and also confirms it, clarifies it -> John 17:3 - This now is the eternal life that they should know You (Father) the Only True God and whom you have sent, Jesus Christ.
    (He unquestionably here, independently of himself, defines, references, the Father as the only true God, when he was here).After the cross, now exalted and glorified, he is now a Begotten God, ruling for the Father until death no more - John 1:18 = confirms, supports his words in 17:3.

"John 14:
    6, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 6:44 - No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
    John 5:26 For as the Father has life in himself (words J 1:4) so has he given to the Son (words) to have life in himself.
    John 17:8 - For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.
    John 6:68 - Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
    John 17:2 - as You have given Him (Jesus) authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.

"It is obviously not only about the Father". -> That's right, it is also about the 2nd Adam Man, re eternal life 17:3, but that doesn't change the fact that Jesus references the Father as the only true God when he was here, independently of himself.

"Jesus and the Father are both important to your hope of eternal life, hence the Trinity."
    Yes but, there is NO "hence the trinity", to be found in this verse = 17:3
    ZERO mention by Jesus that as well as needing to know the Father and Him for eternal life, that you also needed to know this created holy spirit person, that most have created.
    No verse in the Bible, says such thing.
    The God and Father who is Spirit, IS the Holy Spirit, who Fathered Jesus, just as Luke's simple message shows, hence the reason Jesus makes No reference to the Holy Spirit in 17:3.

some simple basics

My dear wotsup Jesus is Jesus and wotsup is wotsup, both have a different mind and intention,

While Jesus defines the Father as "the only true God," this statement does not imply that He is independent of His relationship with the Father. Instead, it reflects the intricate dynamics of the Trinity, showcasing both the distinct roles and the unity they share in the divine nature and in the mission of salvation.
    Jesus' mission and identity are inseparable from His role in revealing the Father, suggesting that to know Jesus is to know the Father (as He states in John 14:9).

John 17 3 does Jesus unquestionably and independently of himself

In John 17:3, Jesus does indeed use the phrase "the only true God" to reference the Father, which underscores the Father’s unique and singular divine identity.

By declaring the Father as "the only true God," Jesus emphasizes the foundational Christian belief in one God, setting the Father apart from any false gods or idols, as to why he’s praying and going to the cross to save us from the gods of the world, furthermore This declaration aligns with the Jewish Shema from Deuteronomy 6:4, "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one."

While Jesus affirms the Father’s uniqueness as the only true God, He simultaneously identifies Himself as the one sent by the Father ("Jesus Christ whom you have sent"). This distinction in roles illustrates the relationship within the Trinity, where the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are co-equal but have different functions in the plan of salvation.

Jesus does not define the Father independently of His own identity; rather, His reference to the Father as the only true God reflects His mission to reveal the Father to humanity. Throughout the Gospel of John, Jesus often states that He is doing the will of the Father, indicating His submissive role in the mission of redemption.

Although Jesus refers to the Father as the only true God, His own declarations throughout John’s Gospel reveal His understanding of His divine nature. For instance, He refers to Himself as the Son of God and attributes divine qualities and authority to Himself (e.g., giving eternal life, judging the world).

The purpose and context of this John 17:3, is that Jesus is not defining the Trinity- its that simple, the verse states: "And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." In this passage, the focus is primarily on the relationship between God the Father and Jesus Christ, highlighting the importance of knowing God as the source of eternal life.

The absence of a direct mention of the Holy Spirit in this specific verse does not imply that the Holy Spirit is unimportant or excluded from the broader concept of God in Christian theology. The Holy Spirit plays a crucial role in the New Testament, particularly in the contexts of guidance, empowerment, and revelation.

This verse is part of Jesus' prayer known as the High Priestly Prayer, where He emphasizes His mission and relationship with the Father. The Holy Spirit's work is often discussed in other contexts, such as Acts and the Epistles, where the Spirit's role in the life of believers and the church is elaborated.

In summary, the absence of the Holy Spirit in John 17:3 is unimportant, as many verses also don't mention Him, or the Father or Jesus, or any other points or facts, one has to read the context of what is written not to add to make verse says what you want them to say, the way the bible is structured is in reference for our sense can understand the basics understand of God through the Cross of Jesus and the working of the Holy Spirit for us to have eternal life in the Salvation History

All this lines up perfectly will all the other verses you posted in this post

You been told many times by everyone on here, you need to only let verses talk by themselves without adding anything in order to make them say what you want to say

"Jesus and the Father are both important to your hope of eternal life, hence the Trinity."
    Yes but, there is NO "hence the trinity", to be found in this verse = 17:3

Jesus is not defining the Trinity in this verse, that notion only exist in your head, as you want to swing what this verse is saying into your view, read and let the bible speak on its own without you adding criteria as to what its saying or what it should be saying, you do this with all the verse, its that simple

You need to know who and what the Father is and how and by what means he uses to interact with His creation so that we can have Eternal life

Hint, the Father magnitude is simply encapsulated in the "I am" who "I am" that's who he is and Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the means He uses to interact with creation

Anyway, not interested in playing tit for tat, I'm not that shallow in my faith that I need to do that

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.