Is there some particular reason that Jehovah is prepared to...

1. 11,853 Posts.
    Is there some particular reason that Jehovah is prepared to bless the Peruvian preaching at sporting events but allows Russian JW's to be tortured, persecuted and their preaching hamstrung ?
    =========
    Excellent question Copper! We don't need to guess about the matter. We are given the reason Jehovah tolerates opposition.
    (Exodus 9:16) But for this very reason I have kept you in existence: to show you my power and to have my name declared in all the earth.

Right now this issue in Russia is being discussed in forums such as the European Court of Human Rights. Just think of the positive publicity that generates! Far greater than at Peruvian sporting events. It no doubt will reach the ears of many that are beyond the reach of other methods of preaching the good news. --- Mark 13:10 So rather than the preaching being hamstrung ,it is being spread it to areas that were previously untouchable.
    The same thing happened in the first century.
    (Acts 8:1) Saul, for his part, approved of his murder. On that day great persecution arose against the congregation that was in Jerusalem; all except the apostles were scattered throughout the regions of Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a.

(Acts 8:4) However, those who had been scattered went through the land declaring the good news of the word.
    In fact Paul eventually took it as far as Caesar in Rome. --- Acts 9:15.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.