Another shout of praise goes up to Jehovah!, page-2079

1. 27,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I lived through the apartheid era,
    Many times, Jehovah’s Witnesses were pressured to violate their neutrality and take sides.
    Yes, I noticed the absence of JWs when support for the oppressed was needed.

JWs were not neutral when it came to the choice of religion. Some JWs, who gave up the JW faith and some spouses who didn't follow their spouses by embracing the JW faith were shunned which too often split families.

Most of us broke apartheid rules in things like visiting "no-go" areas for our race, having relationships, employing people, establishing business partnerships... and so on with people from the "wrong" race.
    In those days these violations were regarded as normal.
    In fact, breaking rules was so common that I noticed JWs celebrating Christmas, birthdays, having blood transfusions... etc. Perhaps breaking rules, especially silly ones, is infectious.
    ---
    Where are they now in South Africa as far as race is concerned?
    Rugby was one of the most divisive activities in South Africa.
    If you watched the 2023 Rugby World Cup you would realise that it is now a unifying sport.
    There are no Blacks, Coloureds and Whites in the team - only Springboks, During the apartheid era there were only whites.
    The Springbok captain, a black man is married to a white woman, and that used to be breaking the law; now it is normal.
    ---
    South Africa has moved on.
    What about JWs?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.